Hylton Parker Fasteners places the highest priority on establishing and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and contractors.
Our commitment is to meet or exceed the safety and health standards expected of an industry leader by the community and government, thereby achieving our goal of an accident free and healthy workplace.
To achieve this Hylton Parker Fasteners:
- Complies with all applicable Occupational Health and Safety laws and regulations
- Actively promotes and supports employee consultation and participation as an important element of our safety management system
- Provides health and safety training for all employees
- Continuously reviews work areas, equipment and methods to further improve the health and safety of employees and contractors
- Sets targets and provides an environment that will create a desire to meet or exceed those targets.
- Utilises a safety management program, as an integral part of its business operations, to provide assurance that significant hazards are implemented and controlled.
- Accurately reports, records and investigates any workplace accidents and injuries.
- Actively supports the rehabilitation of injured workers back into the workplace.
All managers, supervisors, employees and contractors are required to recognise and accept their responsibility to maintain a healthy and safe workplace and to participate in the development and use of the safety management program for each work area. Hylton Parker Fasteners sites have fully trained first aid officers and nominated fire wardens.
Hylton Parker Fasteners is committed to training and developing its staff.
Tuition Assistance programs are available to staff as a means to assist in attaining university qualifications that will further their ability to advance through the business.
An annual performance appraisal process provides an opportunity for all staff to discuss career goals with their managers, identify skills gaps and request approved training. This provides the foundation for internal and external training that occurs throughout the year. Common training that is offered includes external courses in leadership, sales, customer service, project management, financial management, safety and Microsoft Excel/Word. Critically for branch staff, regular product knowledge training from both internal and external providers is also undertaken.